Sunday, July 26, 2009

Roller Hockey Logos Part II: the Buffalo Stampede

This is part II of my terrible logos of the Roller Hockey League. In this post, I'll highlight (or lowlight) what's wrong with the Stampede's logo. Let's get a little history of the team. The Buffalo Stampede were founded in 1994 and played in the RHL from 1994-1995, and the Stampede used the same logo for their short tenure in the RHL.


The logo shown at right isn't as bad as the Anaheim Bulfrogs' logo the I showed in yesterday's post. I don't like the font. The L in Buffalo is strange, but pretty much the rest of the word is all right. The Stampede wordmark isn't good at all. It looks like a 6-year-old wrote the word in marker on his math homework.


I also don't like the weird 'corona' in the center of the buffalo's forehead, and the triangle beneath it. I don't know of any buffalo that has those features.


The buffalo's horns are way to eratic. The designer should've actually tried to make the logo looke like a real buffalo.


I don't know of any buffalo that's blue with red eyes, and sharp teeth. This thing looks more like what I imagine the Anti-Christ to look like rather than a buffalo.


That's it for my ranting about the Stampede's terrible logo. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment